Thursday, July 19, 2012

Around the garden - weeds and all!

Well here's a few updated views of the West and East gardens, bee garden and herb garden.

We are battling squash bugs really bad but have gotten a ton of zucchini already thankfully. The bugs really seem to like the spaghetti squash plants and pumpkins - we will see if they survive. My Uncle has been spraying them with soapy water and I went around and cut off as many leaves that I could with eggs on them! So we will see - any tips would be appreciated.

Grapes and blackberries are looking pretty good - hope we can keep the birds away.

I have found it very difficult to keep up with the weeding on weekends. It will be so much easier when I get out there full time. So for right now I'm focused more on keeping the weeds away from the plants - walkways and paths can keep the grass and weeds. Saves my back a little!

Anyway - the tomatoes are ripening and this weekend I think I will have enough picklers/cukes to start a 5 gallon crock of pickles! First time making them in a crock!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Steve said...

It looks great. So nice to see a green garden.