Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MOTIVATED BY CHICKENS...

Funny thing happened last weekend as we were working in the garden and fields.  We had the chickens free-ranging around the property.  They absolutely seem to love free-ranging and they seem to be getting bolder and bolder and further and further away.  Every where I looked, there they were scratching and pecking, pecking and scratching, digging and exploring.



I was minding my own business…gardening, weeding, planting, etc. etc.  Suddenly I hear some ruffling of leaves on the North side of the garage and I take a peak around the corner and there are quite a few of the chickens…scratching all the Fall leaves that had gathered amongst a few items that were being stored on the side of the garage.  It was like they were saying “come on now – let’s get this side cleaned up”.  In a manner of 5-10 minutes (as I am sneak watching them from the garden) they had totally cleared out all of the accumulated wind-blown leaves and brought them out and away from the garage.  They didn’t even need a rake – LOL- there little chicken feet were their built in rakes.


I felt like telling them “alright already” – I’ll get that cleaned up just as soon as get my own “to do list” done….move along now chickens…find another area to clean up!  J

3 comments:

Barbara said...

That is so cute. I could have used these chickens in my yard this past weekend as I was trying to clean some leaves from the underbrush.

Anonymous said...

Love this story. Are the chickens busy this weekend? I could use some flower beds cleaned out and their little rakes are just the right size to clean between the ivy!

Farmers Wife said...

These eager chickens are always willing to help and think of it I could "rent a chicken"...LOL - thanks for stopping by.