Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yesterday's Happenings...

Well I had a lot going on yesterday - story of my life - So much to do, so little time...

Well I finished transplanting a couple of straggler plants that I swear grew an inch overnight. So if everything goes ok my starts should be more than ready by mid-May. I've planted all Heirloom seeds - so I am thrilled that everything has worked out so smoothly so far.  Started watering the plants in the bottom of the trays in hopes they keep reaching for the water down below! I think this has completed my transplanting.  See below for updated photos.


Next I started making a recipe called "Campfire Beans" that I read about on Ree Drummond aka "Pioneer Woman's" website. Here's the  RECIPE LINK.  The house smelled wonderful especially after I added the seasonings! It was cooking and simmering for half the day...and was delicious (I could hardly wait to try it)!!! We also plan on serving the yummy beans over tacos.



And back by popular demand :-) I made another loaf of French bread! The kids were begging again! Slowly but surely I think I'm perfecting my technique!! But I will let the family be the judge of that fact. See below - a few photos from this loaf.


Lastly I made a chicken dish called Lemon Skewer Chicken over rice. DH sent me the recipe and requested I make so how could I say no?? LOL - that recipe was fairly easy. I was a little worried though because the recipe called for fish sauce - and - I usually do not like that ingredient but I was completely wrong!!

And after all that cooking, cleaning and gardening I was tuckered out. Had a well deserved cup of herbal tea with honey and relaxed before heading into another work week.

4 comments:

THOMASWARKENTIEN said...

BOY EVERYTHING IS LOOKING GOOD.HOW COME I DONT
SEE ANY BREAD?

Barbara said...

I could almost smell the campfire beans. I'm putting dried pinto beans on my shopping list as well as ham hocks.

Farmer's Wife said...

Hi Barbara - yes the campfire beans were delicious! Try it and let me know how you liked it. Thanks for stopping by!

Farmer's Wife said...

Hi Thomas - I will perfect my bread making technique and get back to you! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!