Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Little Sprouts!!!

Well I went in to check on things in the greenhouse and to give all my trays a spritz of water and low and behold there they were - on the bottom shelf of the greenhouse I saw the Golden Acre Cabbage was starting to sprout! (see photos below - sorry they are not the best quality).  The tray that sprouted first was the Burpee tray - which actually was my least favorite.

Its only been three days so that was a pleasant surprise this morning! Since this is my first attempt at growing my own heirloom vegetable plants I wasn't sure exactly what to expect.

From everything I've read you take the covers off once the seedlings start sprouting so that's what I did on the one tray.

It's kind of dreary out so I probably will have to move around my trays later today since I only have two grow lights in the middle of a four shelf greenhouse.

Keep your fingers crossed!


No comments: