Monday, January 30, 2012

Horseradish

So last Fall, after my horseradish plant leaves had turned brown...I dug up and harvested some of the root to make homemade horseradish.  I wanted to share these photos of my small production - and when I say small it was really small.  Hopefully at the end of next season I will yield more - but for one growing season it was a good learning experience.



So the above photo was my horseradish root after I cleaned it up.  Below is my horseradish processing station - which had to be outside because of the strong horseradishy smell that will burn your nostrils - ha

So after grinding up the horseradish root in the food processor, I just added some vinegar.  It was very tasty and I think I got about 1/4 cup of homemade horseradish.

It was delicious!  Love that horseradish - especially on hamburger patties!!  Grow some -

No comments: